Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Writers' holiday dinner

Last night I had the pleasure of going to a Philadelphia writers' holiday dinner. As i mingled with those who shared my passion, I was amazed at the talent. First, I met Joshua Piven, the author of the "Worst Case Scenario" book series. He even bought me a drink, though not intentionally at first. His humor and personality really show in his books. I've read a couple of them and you can really see where his line of thinking originates. Then I got to meet Jonathan Maberry. I've been a fan of his work with Marvel comics as well as a couple of his novels. He was a very easy person to talk to and genuinely had interest in those around him. His wife was a sweetheart in the most respectful way, and I regret not having more time to speak with them; though he does want me to send him the link to my novels, so here is to keeping my fingers crossed that he likes it. all in all I had an amazing time with many amazing writers and look forward to the next gathering.

No comments: